Sunday 4 May 2014

My Holy Grail Eyeliner | Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eye Liner

Drumroll please... I have found my holy grail eyeliner! It's the Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eye Liner.  But before I tell you about this beautiful little tool let me tell you about my struggle. Oh yes, the struggle is real my friends. I have blonde eyelashes, I confess. So in my past, eyeliner and mascara have had a very tumultuous relationship with me. The roots were always visible and I could never manage to get the eyeliner right on the eyelash line. I think at one point I even used black eyeshadow and spread it on my eyelashes. Ahhh how fun it is to look at how far we've come. Anyways, enough blubbering. With a good mascara and nice creamy kohl eyeliner for my tight line, you'd think I'd have the perfect cat eye. Hah. Well you'd be wrong.

Milani Eye Tech Extreme

I started my journey as Goldilocks down the trail. Only to find eyeliners that were too dry, too wet, too bulky and thick etc... Then one day I came across this piece of majestic wonder. I was so surprised with how thin the pen was, and how black it is! I knew I just had to try it.

Milani Eye Tech Extreme

Milani describes it as a "non-feathering, waterproof, blackest-black formula [that] lasts all day without flaking or budging" and retails for $7.49 (Milani does ship to Canada, so do not fear my fellow Canadians)! The base has a rubber grip on it, which makes application super easy. I love how that the tip allows for a super precise wing, but the base of the pen is just a bit thicker, so when turned on its side allows you to get super close to the base of your lashes. 

Milani Eye Tech Extreme

Another great thing about the Milani Eye Tech is that the colour does not bleed. It stays where it's put and last's all day. If I'm being honest with you after I swatched in the store it stayed on my hand for 2 days. Now that's commitment ladies!

Milani Eye Tech Extreme

Now I know a lot of the Beauty Guru's are all about the Stila Liquid Eyeliner but to me, $20 is a bit much to spend on an eyeliner. Especially if you use it a lot, you're going to go through it a decent rate. Also, I purchased the Stila smudge stick and it breaks off every time I use it :( Which is so sad because the colour (Turquoise) is so beautiful.

Just so you know how big of a deal this is, I suck at eyeliner. Like, not even suck, I am abhorrent at eyeliner. I would sit and practice for hours. But I can actually do a winged look in like 5 minutes now! *Pauses for Applause*

Milani Eye Tech Extreme

Do you see that wing???? I am like a proud Mama over here!! Which eyeliner do you use? Do you have a HG eyeliner?

xoxo
-A





No comments:

Post a Comment